APRINOIA Therapeutics, LLC is seeking a creative and highly motivated scientist to apply innovative medicinal chemistry principles and techniques toward the discovery of medicines for neuroscience as a key contributor to APRINOIA’s business and support the successful discovery and development of the next generation of diagnostic and therapeutic products for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated team player and able to multitask in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Provide leadership as project chemistry leader and project co-leader, when needed. Communicate project progress, issues and challenges and lead scientific discussions at various meetings.
- In the project co-leader role, work with your biology counterpart and team members to set project goals, define specific plans and allocate resources to execute plans.
- Devise, implement and manage medicinal chemistry strategies to achieve project / research goals.
- Effectively manage internal and outsourced medicinal chemistry resources.
- Work collaboratively across diverse functions within and across multidisciplinary project teams.
- Strongly influences the development of testable hypothesis and prioritization of critical path activities to facilitate decision making and drive project progression.
- Effectively communicate new project proposals, medicinal chemistry strategies, innovative ideas, and results, both informally and in meetings with colleagues and management.
- Contribute intellectually to all stages of drug discovery, compound design and project delivery.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Prior experience with CNS & protein degradation is a plus.
- PhD in organic chemistry, with cutting edge knowledge on modern synthetic organic chemistry
- 7+ years small molecule drug discovery experience in an industry setting
- Experience as a project leader involving multi-disciplinary resource management.
- Proven track record of delivering clinical drug candidates by leading a chemistry team and/or a multi-disciplinary drug discovery team.
- Comfortable working within a multi-disciplinary team to devise experiments that solve critical problems.
- Strong expertise in medicinal chemistry from early phase through lead optimization and development candidate selection.
- Proficient with and willing to use in silicopredictive tools to enable your compound designs as well as structure-based drug design.
- Experience with overseeing CRO teams, especially in troubleshooting and enhancing CRO performance and productivity.
- A team player who listens effectively and invites discussion.
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner.
APRINOIA Therapeutics, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran, or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.